The terms below apply to your booking if you are a consumer and book from 6th September 2013.
When you make a Booking on our website, you will be asked to click “I accept” and you will not be able to complete your Booking if you do not do this. This confirms that you accept these terms. We strongly recommend that you read the terms before accepting.
1. If you are a consumer (i.e. not dealing as a business with us), Rafee Hotel Uk Ltd (we/us) sells all rooms and extras (see Section 2.7) to you subject to these terms.
2. A contract is formed between you and Rafee Hotel when we issue you with a confirmation number for your room and extras (if applicable) (Booking). No booking shall be binding on Rafee Hotel until we issue you with a confirmation number.
2. Your Booking
1. You cannot transfer or resell your booking (in whole or in part). If you transfer or resell (or attempt to transfer or resell) then Rafee Hotel will terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking. We may also refuse to take any further booking from you in the future. In making a Rafee Hotel room booking you agree to not use the Rafee Hotel or its facilities to conduct any commercial activity or activity that seeks to gain profit without prior written consent from Rafee Hotel. Rafee Hotel reserves the right to terminate your booking and retain any money paid to us for such booking if we believe that you are in full or part breach of this provision.
2. You may make a booking on someone else’s behalf. You are responsible for ensuring that any customer in your booking complies with these terms as if that customer had made the booking.
3. You can only make a booking if you are 16 years old or over. If you arrive at the hotel and are under 16 years of age you will not be permitted to stay alone.
4. Sale rates are only available on our website www.rafeehotel.co.uk
5. You must ensure that the name on a booking is correct at the time of booking. Subject to section 7, this cannot be changed after making the booking.
6. If you book ten or more rooms for the same night we will treat this as a Group Booking. If you make a Group Booking, the following additional terms also apply to you:
1) If you book 28 days or less before the scheduled date of arrival, you must pay in full when you make the booking.
2) If you book more than 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival, you must pay a 10% deposit when you make the booking. You must settle any balance at least 28 days before the scheduled date of arrival. We may cancel your booking if you do not make any payment when it is due and we will not refund the deposit.
(see Section 8 for special terms regarding amending and cancelling Group Bookings)
7. The room rate excludes any extras unless we expressly agree with you otherwise as part of your booking. Extras are subject to availability and cannot be transferred to any other booking. If any extra that you have paid for in advance is unavailable upon arrival we will give you a refund of the price you paid for that extra. Extras are provided subject to these terms.
3. Rates and Payment
1. The rate for each room is as published on our website at the time of your Booking, or, in the case of a telephone booking as advised to you at the time of booking.
2. All payments are due in full at the time of booking unless otherwise advised by Rafee Hotel. If you pay by a payment card then we will charge a booking fee. We will not refund the booking fee if you cancel the booking. You must be able to show photo identification such as a passport or driver’s license or a valid credit or debit card if you are paying by cash for a walk-in booking at a Rafee Hotel .
3. Any bookings made through our telephone reservations centre will be subject to an additional booking fee.
4. Check-in and check-out
1. You can check-in from 3pm on the scheduled date of arrival. If you wish to check-in earlier, you can do so by buying an early check-in extra at the time of booking or directly at the hotel. These services are subject to availability.
2. You must check-out before midday on the scheduled date of departure. If you wish to check-out later then you can do so by buying a late check-out extra at the time of booking. If you fail to check-out by the stipulated time, we will make an additional charge equivalent to the flexible rate at that time, for one night’s stay for the applicable room(s).
1.Maximum occupancy for rooms is:
1) Family Rooms:
Maximum number of occupants is 4 (including babies & children), in the following combinations:
2 adults, 2 children (under 16)
3 adults, 1 child
2)Double Rooms: 2 adults 2 adults and 1 baby in a cot (cots are available at some Hotels, depending on availability) dependant on space available in the room You should speak directly to the Hotel to confirm availability of cots and room size
3)Twin Rooms: 2 adults
2. We do not permit people under the age of 16 to stay alone in our hotels. You must not leave children unattended in any roods or public areas at any times.
3. We provide wheelchair accessible and limited mobility rooms, subject to availability. You must specify this requirement at the time of booking.
4. You must have permission from the hotel to bring a pet into a room. You must not leave pets unattended in any rooms or public areas at any times.
5. You must not smoke in any of our hotels or interfere with our fire detection system. If you do so we will terminate your booking. We may either (at our sole discretion) request the immediate re-payment of our costs during your stay or instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover our costs. The costs we incur if you smoke in our hotel include costs for specialist cleaning, repair or replacement of damage by you to our property, the cost of the room for any period it is unusable and our administration expenses.
6. You must not damage or interfere with any items belonging to us. If you do so we will terminate your booking. We will instruct a third party to contact you after your stay to recover the costs for any repair, replacement or specialist cleaning we incur if you damage our hotel or property. If you request it, we will send a breakdown of these costs to the address used for the booking.
7. If you do not comply with paragraphs 2 to 6 when staying at our hotel, we will terminate your booking and require you to leave the hotel immediately.
1. We charge 10% administration fees for every cancellation.
2. For flexible room rates only, you may cancel a Booking and we will not charge you for the first night if you notify us before midday on your scheduled date of arrival.
3. For flexible room rates only, if you have a Booking for more than 1 night you may cancel or shorten your booking after the scheduled date of arrival and we will refund you for any remaining nights. We will not pay a refund for any night for which notification is received after midday. Notification must be made directly with the Hotel you are staying at, prior to noon of the day(s) you wish to cancel.
4. We will not give a refund on a saver or sale room rate booking and/or extras purchased with the booking.
5. We will only make refunds to the payment card that you used to make the Booking. We will normally credit refunds to your card within 10 days. We will refund you the money you have paid (including for any extras except WIFI or SMS confirmation text extras).
7. Changing your Booking
1. With any flexible room rate booking, subject to availability, you may change the length of stay, the room type and/or the scheduled date of arrival. You must notify us before midday on your scheduled date of arrival of any changes..
2. with any saver room rate Booking (or sale rate), subject to availability and conditions (the room must be the same rate at the same Hotel), you may change the scheduled date of arrival and/or the room type. You will pay the change fee for each change made.
3. With any saver or sale room rate Booking, you may increase the length of stay, subject to availability and payment for any additional nights at rate applicable at the time the amendment was made.
8. Amending and Canceling Group Bookings
1. If you cancel your Group Booking or reduce the number of nights or the number of rooms required, we will not refund any money you have paid to us (including any deposit).
2. Subject to availability and payment, you may add any additional night(s) to any Group Booking (after the dates of the original Group Booking) at the rate for the room(s) at the time you make the amendment.
1. Rafee Hotel operates a relocation policy, If a room is unavailable on arrival (except due to an event beyond our reasonable control, (see section 11.2)) then, we will either:
1) provide a room in another hotel and pay the reasonable cost of transport to that alternative hotel or any applicable car park; OR
2) at your request, or, if in our reasonable opinion there is no suitable alternative hotel accommodation available, cancel your Booking and refund you any money you have paid in advance for the unavailable room(s) including related extras.
3) If you are due to pay on arrival at the hotel we will take payment for the cost of the booking and any prepaid extras. As outlined above any additional costs over and above the original cost of the booking will be covered by Rafee Hotel. I.e. difference in room rates, reasonable transport costs, car park charges.
1. Rafee Hotel operates an eVoucher scheme. We may give you eVouchers in certain circumstances. We will credit eVouchers to your My Rafee Hotel account. You can use an eVoucher for Bookings, extras and amendments and cancellation insurance (but not for any other services provided by third parties). Any bookings that are paid for either in part or full using an eVoucher must be paid for in advance, regardless of room rate.
2. eVouchers have a customer-specific code and can only be used by the person to whom it was issued and are not transferable. eVouchers remain the property of Rafee Hotel at all times. We may cancel any eVouchers that are used in breach of these terms, for example we may cancel if you sell it to a third party, sell (or attempt to sell) it on an internet message board, bargains website or other internet exchange or auction site. We will not reimburse eVouchers for cash.
3. An eVoucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. When it expires, we will delete it from your My Rafee Hotel account unless you have accrued further eVouchers within this 6 month period then the date of expiry of all your eVouchers will be the expiry date of the last eVoucher issued by us.
4. We may cancel or change the eVouchers scheme at any time. In which case we will notify you via the contact information you have given us when you made your Booking (or as updated on your My Rafee Hotel account). We will give you a reasonable amount of time to use any eVouchers if we plan to cancel the eVoucher scheme.
5.If you do not have a My Rafee Hotel account, we will use the information (including personal data) you provided us with at the time of booking to create a My Rafee Hotel account for you and credit your eVouchers to your My Rafee Hotel account. for more information on personal data, how we use it and how we protect it). We will then send you details of your new My Rafee Hotel account and how to use it in a letter. We will send you details of your password in a separate letter. By accepting these terms, you consent to us using your personal data to create a My Rafee Hotel account.
6. If you cancel a booking made using e-Vouchers and are entitled to a refund, we will refund by issuing e-Vouchers.
7. Our liability in respect of eVouchers is set out in Section 11.3, save that our total liability will be no greater than twice the nominal value of the eVouchers used in the booking instead of the amount paid for your booking.
1. Statutory Rights: We have tried to ensure that any rights that you as a consumer have that are implied by law into a contract of this type (statutory rights) are not excluded or limited in anyway. If any of these terms conflict with a statutory right or the law changes and your statutory rights change, then the statutory rights will prevail over these terms.
2. Events Beyond our Reasonable Control: We shall not be in breach of these terms, nor liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your Booking (such as the provision of room(s) and/or other products and/or services and/or extras) due to any adverse event, act, omission or accident which happens which is beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, interruption or fire (except by way of our default) or failure of (except by way of our default) electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
3. Our Liability: Subject to the remainder of this clause, you should use your own insurance policies to claim the full amount of the loss or damage to your property prior to approaching or pursuing Rafee Hotel. We are, in certain circumstances set out in the Hotel Proprietors’ Act 1956 (Act), liable for loss or damage to your property. However, in those circumstances, we are only liable up to the maximum sums under the Act. In all other circumstances, our total liability shall not exceed twice the daily rate charged for your Booking. If your Booking includes a number of different daily rates, the average rate will be used. Rafee Hotel aims to provide a safe and secure environment for the duration of your stay and where necessary, will take appropriate security measures. If an incident occurs during your stay, resulting in the theft, loss or damage of your property, we will carry out an internal investigation. If we do not feel that your property was stolen, lost or damaged through any fault of ours, our staff or agents, this will be evidence that it wasn’t our fault. In those circumstances, our liability is limited to the maximums under the Act. If an incident is referred to the Police authorities, and they draw the same conclusion as us, this will also be evidence that our liability is limited to those maximums. We shall not be liable, in any circumstances, for any loss or damage to vehicles you bring to the hotel or any property left in them. Neither shall we be liable for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with your Booking. Where we are liable, we will only be responsible for losses that are a foreseeable result of a breach or negligence, but not otherwise. The loss or damage will be foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of the breach or is contemplated by both parties at the time of entering into the contract. Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; or fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or any other form of limitation or exclusion prohibited by law or statute.
4. Third Party Rights: A party which is not a party to our Contract shall have no right to enforce any term under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
5. Law: These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
6. Changes to Terms: We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. The terms applicable to your Booking are those in force on the date of Booking (or amendment, as applicable).
For more information on your statutory rights see www.consumerdirect.gov.uk or call 08454040506
12. Car Parking
1. Car parking is available at Rafee Hotel hotel free of charge.
13. Questions / Complaints
1. If you have any question or complaint in relation to your Booking or these terms please go to our website and click on the ‘contact us’ link and we will respond to you as quickly as we can, normally within 5 working days.
The meaning of “Rafee Hotel”, “we” or “us” in these terms will depend on the location of the hotel you are booking. For Bookings of hotels in the UK (other than Northern Ireland) it shall mean Rafee Hotel Ltd, A46 Thrussington, Green Acres Filling Station, Southbound Carriageway, Leicester, LE7 4TF (Company No.8547566, VAT No. 166920195). 2. *Calls cost 10 pence per minute from a standard BT landline. Calls from other networks and mobiles may vary.
Rafee Hotel Ltd. understands that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data and we value your trust in allowing us to do this in a careful and sensible manner.
Collection of data and use of your personal information
We collect your data and personal information in the following ways:
1. On our website when you make or manage a booking; register or alter your details for ‘My Rafee Hotel’; use the ‘Contact us’ forms for an enquiry; request a brochure; apply for a vacancy in ‘Careers’; enquire about or apply for a Corporate Account or Business Account card.
2. In our Customer Services department from your correspondence.
3. By telephone when speaking to a call centre agent.
4. In hotels when you register at reception.
We use your data and personal information in the following ways:
1. To continually improve your customer experience. We use the information to process bookings and payments, communicate with you about bookings, products, services and promotional offers, update our records, create and maintain your ‘My Rafee Hotel’ account(s) and recommend products and services that might be of interest to you. We may also contact you to ask about your experience using our hotels and services as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement.
2. To improve our website, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
3. To provide you with requested information or correspondence, such as a Rafee Hotel Directory or a response from us to an enquiry made by you.
4. To send you details of your new, amended or cancelled booking or ‘My Rafee Hotel’ account details – usually via email
6. With your permission, your contact details may be used to supply information to you by telephone, email or post, about our company. and to send you occasional promotional material, such as information about special offers which we think you might find valuable.
7. We may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
8. We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This ensures that the quality of data we have on your account(s) is maintained properly.
9. We offer our customers the ability to save payment cards within their My Rafee Hotel account so that, upon making future bookings, they have the convenient option of selecting a previously saved card in order to pay. This information is only used/accessed when the customer uses their saved card to pay for a booking.
Non disclosure to third parties
The information and data we collect is important for Rafee Hotel and we would not want to share this anyone else. Unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal data to any third parties for their marketing or mailing purposes.
Credit or debit card data is never viewed or disclosed to anyone, ever.
You can usually change your browser’s settings so that it will not accept cookies, although this may restrict some website functionality. You may also manage the cookies on your browser using the security or privacy settings. Usually the browser help function will provide you with instructions on how to manage your settings. Removing cookies is something that can be done at any time but unless permanently disallowed they will be re-applied next time you visit the website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that you will need to manage each browser on each device that you access the internet with separately.
|Cookie and tag types||Examples||Purpose|
|Functional||Rafee Hotel consent cookie||Indicates if you have been asked for consent for the Rafee Hotel website to use marketing cookies on your browser|
|Session ID||Allows the basket function to work on the site and is automatically removed once you leave the website|
|Cookiekey||Allows the ‘remember me’ function (if set) to automatically log you in to My Rafee Hotel when you return to the website.|
|Statistical||Google Analytics||Records (anonymous) statistical information about usage of the Rafee Hotel websites for performance monitoring and to drive insight into areas for improvement|
|Maxymiser||Rafee Hotel uses Maxymiser to test new content on our site to improve performance. The cookie is set if you visit a page that has is being optimised and is used to recognise you and serve you the most relevant content when you return to the site.|
|Silverpop||Silverpop track any interaction and conversion that comes as a result of clicking on a link in a Rafee Hotel promotional email using cookies.|
|Affiliate Window||As part of our affiliate programme these cookies and tags are used to track and store information if you click on an affiliate window link on a third party website, banner, advertisement or email. They also track conversion and information about the referring site and time of the click.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
Security of your information
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. This is to prevent unauthorized access or unlawful processing of your personal information. For additional peace of mind, credit card details are not recorded on the Rafee Hotel site when booking a room. Please see our Site Security policy for more information.
Opt out / Data quality / Access
We will always ask your permission before sending you electronic marketing information. This ensures you only receive information that you have given us permission to send and are willing to receive.
It is possible, if you have given us your permission to receive a type of electronic marketing communication, to alter your contact preferences at any time. You can do this by:
1. Sending an email to email@example.com with your name, address and (if you have made a booking with us) a confirmation number. Please note it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communication from us which relate to your bookings. This ensures we can always contact you in the event of a circumstance that affects your stay with us.
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as the Mail Preference Service, and add it to our account information. This ensures that the quality of data we have on your account(s) is maintained properly.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998), the controller of all information collected on this website is:
RAFEE HOTEL (UK) LIMITED
A46 Trussington Green Acres
Fosse Way Leicester LE7 4TF
If you wish to view, delete or amend any of the information we hold on you, this can be done by contacting us in writing at the address provided above. We will not charge for amending or deleting personal information, but may charge for viewing information held on you as specified in the Data Protection Act (1998).
RAFEE HOTEL (UK) LIMITED A46 Trussington Green Acres
Fosse Way Leicester LE7 4TF